Looking for a delicious alternative to your normal iceberg lettuce salad this holiday season? This festive green and red Brussels sprout salad is kissed by charcoal and beautiful to display!
Grilled Brussels Sprout, Cranberry, Pecan Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 lbs
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 3 lbs of Brussels sprouts
- 12 oz pecan halves
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinager
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Hasty-Bake Greek Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Remove the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts and rinse. Trim the stems and cut in half.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. In a large bowl add ice and water. Boil the Brussels sprouts for 2 minutes. Remove from the water and submerge in the ice water. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- Skewer the Brussels sprouts.
- Prepare your Hasty-Bake for grilling.
- In a glass jar with a lid, add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and Hasty-Bake Greek Seasoning. Shake vigorously.
- To toast the pecans, spread them in an even layer on an aluminum baking sheet and place in the center of the Hasty-Bake with the lid closed for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the pecans and allow to cool.
- Grill the Brussels sprouts on both sides until browned. Remove and let cool. In a large bowl add the halved sprouts, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries. Shake the dressing again, pour over the salad and toss. Serve immediately.
Read more about this chef..