This grilled french toast recipe is definitely great for breakfast. It also makes a unique dessert, like our guests found out at the 2nd Hasty-Bake Dinner Party Class taught by the Boston Deli Grill and Market!
Grilled French Toast
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- vegetable oil for brushing skillet
- 8 slices challah or brioche bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat cast iron pan on the Hasty-Bake and brush with oil.
- Combine eggs, cream, honey, vanilla, and salt in a shallow dish and whisk to combine.
- Dip both sides of bread in custard and place as many as will fit in cast iron skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes) and transfer to platter.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- *Recommended-Top with Honey Rosemary Balsamic Strawberry Topping.
The Boston Deli Grill & Market
Boston Deli Grill & Market is a multi-award winning deli by day with upscale bold Contemporary Midwest Comfort Cuisine by night. Featuring phenomenal wines and service to match. The ...Read more about this chef..
Subscribe for Recipe Emails
Subscribe to our Recipes