I was able to buy some of the last heirloom tomatoes of the season and developed this simple, fresh, fun recipe with them! You can substitute with any large firm tomato if heirloom tomatoes are hard to find or out of season.
Grilled Hierloom Tomato Caprese Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 2 large, firm heirloom tomatoes
- olive oil
- Hasty-Bake Gourmet Greek Seasoning
- 1 8oz ball of fresh mozzerella cheese, sliced in 1/2 inch slices
- 6-8 large basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar or glaze for garnish
- Prepare Hasty-Bake for grilling.
- Slice tomatoes in 1/2 inch slices. If you slice them too thin they will fall apart on the grill.
- Rub both sides of each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with Hasty-Bake Gourmet Greek Seasoning.
- Grill tomato slices for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until nice grill marks are firm. Do not over-grill or they will fall apart.
- Serve with mozzarella slices and fresh basil.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar or glaze, and sprinkle with a little additional Hasty-Bake Gourmet Greek Seasoning.
Read more about this chef..
Subscribe for Recipe Emails
Subscribe to our Recipes