Say goodbye to the bland turkeys of yesteryears and say hello to flavor! Pack this year’s turkey with flavor by smoking it on your Hasty-Bake! We’ve got a simple recipe that is easy to follow and will WOW your holiday guests.
Hasty-Bake Smoked Turkey
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 1 10 to 12 pound turkey (if you need more turkey, it is best to smoke two small birds)
- Hasty-Bake Gourmet Greek seasoning or poultry rub
- 4 quartered onions
- 6 to 8 cloves peeled garlic
- Place the garlic and onions inside the turkey and rub the outside of the turkey with seasoning. Put the turkey in a large aluminum baking pan or Hasty-Bake baster pan. Fill the pan with ¼” to ½” of the basting liquid of your choice. Make sure the heat deflector is in place over the coals and bring your Hasty-Bake to about 200°F. Cover the breast of the turkey with a flourcloth or cheesecloth soaked in olive oil, butter or bacon grease. Baste the bird about every 30 minutes-it is important that you don’t let the turkey dry out.
- Smoke the turkey approximately ½ hour per pound, plus one additional half hour. You will need to refresh the supply of hardwood charcoal about every 1 to 1 ½ hours. Small amounts of fruit wood, such as apple or cherry, may be added to the fire to give your turkey a stronger smoke flavor. To test for doneness, use an Insta-Read thermometer. The thickest part of the breast should be 165°F.
- Note: To have a picture-perfect bird, you should remove the flourcloth or cheesecloth to brown the breast about 30 minutes prior to removing the turkey from the grill.
Read more about this chef..
Subscribe for Recipe Emails
Subscribe to our Recipes