This sweet potato gratin is so good, it’s a static side item at the Boston Deli Grill and Market. The guests at the 2nd Hasty-Bake Dinner Party were thrilled to get they’re hands on the recipe. If you were looking for a new sweet potato recipe for the holiday season, this is it!
Sweet Potato Gratin with Carmelized Onion & Chipotle Cream
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili puree
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thin on a mandolin
- 3/4 cup carmelized onion
- 1 egg
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Hasty-Bake to 300-350 degrees, adding the heat deflector.
- Whisk together the cream, chipotle puree, and egg.
- In a 9-10 inch square metal pan with 2 inch sides, arange an even layer of potato on bottom, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and caramelized onion.
- Repeat until there are 8-10 layers.
- Add the cream mixture and press down on the gratin to submerge the potatoes in the cream.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed and potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The Boston Deli Grill & Market
Boston Deli Grill & Market is a multi-award winning deli by day with upscale bold Contemporary Midwest Comfort Cuisine by night. Featuring phenomenal wines and service to match. The ...Read more about this chef..
Subscribe for Recipe Emails
Subscribe to our Recipes