- 1 package of Chicken Tenderloins (6-8) or Beef Flank Steak
- 1 package of corn or flour tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup of salsa/picante sauce
- Fajita seasoning
- 1-2 chunks Hickory wood
- 1 Lime
Avocado Crema (Optional)
- 2 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- Splash of water to help thin mixture
- Lime juice
- Fire up the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill with your firebox 75% filled full of hardwood lump charcoal.
- Slice and cut up your veggies to around thumb size, and mix around with some olive oil, Duck Fat, or PAM spray to help wet the veggies, and then place on grill, preferably in a grill basket.
- Prepare your chicken tenderloins or Beef Flank Steak by giving them a good massaging of the fajita seasoning and the picante/salsa.
- Ensure that the tenders are coated all over, and then once the fire is hot, position your firebox to the “bake” level, set the chicken tenders over the fire to grill.
- Once Tenderloins/beef flank steak and veggies are completely grilled, remove tenders from grill to a chopping board and begin to chop up into small chopped pieces to the size of your choice.
- Return the chicken/beef to the grill basket with the veggies, and squeeze some lime juice over them, give them a good toss, and return to the grill for approx 1-2 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve on corn or flour tortillas, with your favorite garnish or the Avocado Crema.
- Place sliced and cleaned Avocado into bowl and add Lime and Sour Cream. Mix until consistency is thin enough to dollop onto the fajitas.
- Salt to taste