Impress your family at the end of dinner with a smoked kissed Banana Foster! This dessert is a classic New Orleans dessert, made with bananas, caramel, cinnamon, rum, and vanilla bean ice cream. Family approved!
It’s best to make after dinner as the bananas will get mushy if left to sit for very long. It’s also a good idea to preheat the cast iron skillet, and while eating dinner it’s a perfect time to do that.
- 3-5 Bananas, sliced (figure 1 banana per person)
- 6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Dark Rum (Optional)
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Fire up the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill to 300-350 Degrees.
- Using a pre-heated hot cast-iron skillet, melt the butter and add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.Stir until melted and combined.
- Bring to a bubble, but not a full boil. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Add the sliced bananas (cut into thirds and then half) and cook for about 3 minutes, flip and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the Rum and light. Cook until the flame goes out.
- Serve over vanilla bean ice cream.