Beef Short Ribs are tender, rich and a mouthwatering bite of beef packed with flavor. Our Smoked Beef Short Ribs recipe is one of the easiest meat to smoke to perfection on a Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill. The beef ribs will melt in your mouth!
- 2-3 Pound Rack of Beef Short Ribs
- Beef Seasoning of your Choice – we use Cattle Call Beef & All
- Choice of Wood Chunk – We prefer pecan and post oak.
- When prepping the beef ribs, first remove the hard fat and any silverskin from the top of the ribs.
- Smoke the rack as a whole to ensure ribs maintain moisture and cook evenly.
- Season the ribs with your beef seasoning of choice on both sides. No need to remove the membrane under the bone as there’s no meat under it. Let sit for 20 minutes to warm slightly.
- Fire up the Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill to a temperature of 250-275ºF Degrees.
- Using your Hasty-Bake Heat Deflector over the coals, place the rack of beef ribs bone-side down directly over the heat deflector. (Tip: You can place an aluminum pan with 1” of water on top of your heat deflector as a drip pan).
- Smoke until the color is a deep mahogany brown and the internal temperature is around 170ºF degrees.
- Wrap tight in heavy-duty aluminum foil and return to grill until internal temperature reaches 205ºF or probes like room temperature butter.
- Pull Beef Ribs off the grill, vent the foil to release steam and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.