Make this super easy Hasty Bake Beer Cheese recipe at home with your favorite beer and cheese! This creamy beer cheese is the perfect combination with brats, pretzels, or veggies! It’s the ultimate appetizer for game day.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- One 12-ounce bottle beer at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- One 8-ounce block sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a medium or bean pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beer and mustard and cook, stirring, for a few minutes until the mixture begins to simmer and thicken.
- Whisk in the grated cheese a little at a time. Once all the cheese has been added, continue to cook, whisking, until the sauce is smooth and just beginning to bubble, cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Move the beer cheese to the Hasty Bake grill extender, away from the fire, and smoke on your Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill using the heat deflector at 250-300ºF for 20 minutes.