This is a great Holiday ham recipe from our friends over at BurnCo BBQ from last year’s Hasty-Bake cooking class! Make sure to check out Adam’s ham demonstration on the HowTo tab!
Bone-in Ham on the Hasty-Bake
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 1 bone-in ham
- Remove skin and hard fat piece off the ham (preferably in one large piece), keep and set aside for cooking process.
- Slice from top to bottom in a spiral motion (both directions) to create hatch design once cooking process is complete. Slices should not exceed half inch for hatch design.
- Lay hard fat, skin piece on grill, fat side up, and stand ham up on end on top of hard fat.
- Cook at 225 degrees for about 15-30 minutes per pound until internal temp reaches 140 degrees.
- *Optional-add soaked wood chips for more smoke flavor!
We have always loved cooking and enjoyed the primal fulfillment of doing it over wood fire. Adam Myers experience at Tulsa based Hasty Bake Charcoal Grills, combined with Robby Corcoran’s ...Read more about this chef..