Whether its for Father’s Day, Christmas, or just any old Saturday, few meals get your heart pounding like a massive tomahawk ribeye. Rubbed down with chimichurri and reversed seared, this is a meal fit for a king.
- 2.5 lb tomahawk ribeye
- ½ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Duck Fat
- Kosher salt
- Al Frugoni’s dried Chimichurri seasoning
- ¼ cup of Kerrygold Butter
- Lightly coat steak with olive oil. Season with kosher salt. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow surface to dry. Season with dried chimichurri seasoning. Smoke offset of fire at 250 degrees on the Hasty Bake until it reaches an internal temp of 110. Pull and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- For compound butter, mix ¼ cup of Kerrygold Irish butter with 1 teaspoon of chimichurri seasoning. Place on saran wrap and roll tightly and place in fridge to harden.
- For the chimichurri sauce, mix ¼ cup dried chimichurri seasoning and ¼ cup red wine vinegar and let dried herbs rehydrate. After about 10 minutes, add ½ cup olive oil and mix.
- Finally, to sear steak, raise firebox to sear, spray steak with duck fat and place steak directly over coals. Flipping every 30-40 seconds. Sear all sides multiple times, spraying with duck fat occasionally. Pull when internal temp reaches 132 degrees.
- Once steak is removed, slice into pieces. Slice compound butter and place on steak. Spoon chimichurri over the slices and serve.