We are honored that Dan Potter would share his “famous” BBQ sauce recipe with the Hasty-Bake Test Kitchen! If you don’t already have a favorite homemade BBQ sauce recipe, this is a fantastic one to try!
Dan Potter’s Barbecue Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 1/2 cups
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 4 T. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 T. ground black pepper
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1/2 t. Cayenne pepper sauce (Tabasco or your favorite)
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 C. cider vinegar
- 1 can (16 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ C. brown sugar
- Heat butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions soften.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients. Cook over medium heat to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens slightly...about 15-minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, taste and adjust salt/pepper and brown sugar to taste.
A “reformed” Texan, Dan Potter is the host of the KRMG Morning News and the host of celebrated local chefs for OKfoodie in Tulsa, OK. OKfoodie is held the second Tuesday ...Read more about this chef..