This brine from our friends at BurnCo BBQ would be great for the upcoming Holiday Season!
Easy Turkey Brine
- Difficulty Level Simple
- Equal parts water, brown sugar, and kosher salt
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 5-6 whole garlic cloves
- In a large stock pot, bring water, sugar, and salt to a boil, then add thyme, peppercorns, and garlic.
- Remove from heat, add a generous amount of ice, then add turkey to brine.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours, but no more than 24 hours.
- Rinse, and pat turkey dry.
- Prepare as desired, or follow our simple instructions for a Smoked Whole Turkey.
We have always loved cooking and enjoyed the primal fulfillment of doing it over wood fire. Adam Myers experience at Tulsa based Hasty Bake Charcoal Grills, combined with Robby Corcoran’s ...Read more about this chef..