This chicken favorite is normally oven-baked golden brown, but we’re charcoal fanatics, and there’s no way we’re not putting smoke (or bacon!) on this baby. The Hasty Bake Hastings 290 crisps up the bacon while delivering a juicy, cheesy explosion of flavor. Dinner time!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Dijon mustard
- Spiceology Black and Bleu seasoning
- Thin-cut Bacon
- Swiss or Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 slices Black Forest Ham
- Cattle Call seasoning
- Slice chicken breast 90% of the way thru and place in plastic bag. Use a meat mallet to pound chicken out to about ¼” thick consistently.
- Remove chicken and coat one side with mustard.
- Place ham slices on top of chicken. Place cheese onto ham. Roll chicken up with all ingredients inside.
- Season chicken with spiceology Black and bleu seasoning.
- Wrap bacon slices around chicken breast. Lightly season bacon with Cattle Call.
- Optional: skewer both breasts with skewers to make easier to move on grill. Or use toothpicks to hold bacon in place.
- Smoke on grill at 275 degrees until internal chicken temperature is 165 degrees. If temp is nearing finish and bacon isn’t crispy yet, place directly over coals and rotate frequently until it crisps up.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!!