Grilled asparagus isn’t just for fancy restaurants, and is great for entertaining. This is a recipe from my cooking class Hasty-Bake Dinner Party at Hasty-Bake Headquarters in Tulsa, OK. Not only is it very simple, but also a crowd pleaser!
Grilled Marinated Asparagus
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 bunch
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare Hasty-Bake for grilling.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Blanch and shock.
- Blanching Asparagus: 1. Bring a pot of water to a strong boil, drop the asparagus into the water, and blanch them for 2-3 minutes. 2. Fill a bowl with ice water. 3. When the asparagus is a bright green color remove them from the boiling water and transfer them into the ice water bath. 4. Allow the asparagus to cool down,remove them from the water, and wrap them in a wet paper towel. You can do this several hours ahead of time – just keep them in the fridge
- Prepare Marinade: Combine vinegar, orange juice, oil, soy sauce and pepper in a shallow baking dish with a whisk. Add asparagus and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill asparagus for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done.
Read more about this chef..