I recently judged a chef cook-off at a local charity event and had some delicious pineapple rice that inspired this recipe. Grilling the green onions and pineapple on the Hasty-Bake really give it a nice caramelized sweetness!
Grilled Pineapple Rice
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 2 cups prepared rice of choice ( I like jasmine)
- 1 cup chopped grilled fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped grilled green onions
- 1/4 cup rough chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Prepare rice according to packaging instructions.
- Grill the green onions, turning frequently for about 2-3 minutes until there are dark brown grill marks.
- Grill the pineapple on each side until there are dark brown grill marks.
- Small dice the pineapple and green onion, and rough chop the cilantro.
- Add the diced pineapple, green onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and pineapple juice to the rice and stir until combined.
- Add salt to taste.
Read more about this chef..