This unbelievably simple recipe, grilled to perfection on the Hasty Bake compliments any meal you’re cooking. Use it as an appetizer, a snack, or serve it right along with your favorite foods to add that wood-fired flavor to any dish. Soft, chewy, and packed with flavor, this recipe will find its way into tons of your upcoming gatherings.
- 1 ½ cups of lukewarm water
- 1 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup of lukewarm whole milk
- 5.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro or basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Stir active dry yeast in water until it foams.
- Pour in cup of milk. Slowly mix flour and salt mixture. Stir until all fully-incorporates.
- Cover with towel and let rise for 4 hours. Dough should double.
- Pinch off lime-size balls of dough with oiled hands.
- Work dough until flattened shape, roughly 5-7 inches wide.
- For brushing mixture, add 1 tablespoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 tablespoon minced cilantro or basil to 1 cup of olive oil and stir.
- Place dough directly on grates of 350 degree Hasty Bake grill. Let brown for 30-40 seconds and flip, oiling both sides with mixture. Remove when both sides are browned and dough is slightly firmed.
- Serve it up and enjoy!