Time spent outdoors is never wasted. Whether you’re fishing, hunting, or smoking on your Hasty Bake, the feast at the end of the activity is always something to look forward to!
- 10 ounces smoked trout, skin removed, flaked
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Fine ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare a 225 degree fire in your Hasty Bake with the heat shield on and the firebox in the “Smoke” position. We recommend adding some alder or pecan wood.
- Smoke 4-6 trout fillets until the internal temperature is 145 degrees. Remove and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in refrigerator and let sit for at least one hour.