Kick that same old steak to the curb! This recipe cranks the flavor of a filet up to 11, with same fabulous Hasty Bake smoke and depths of flavor that will blow your mind! “Bovine Bomb” Mushroom Stuffed Filets is a must try!
- Beef Tenderloin Filets
- Medium onion, diced
- Micro-planed Garlic
- Duck fat
- Hardcore Carnivore Amplify seasoning
- Hardcore Carnivore Black Seasoning
- Hardcore Carnivore Red Seasoning
- Red wine
- Crumbling cheese (bleu cheese or queso fresco)
- For topping, mix onions, garlic, Amplify and duck fat in a cast iron pan and cook until it softens and reduces, stirring occasionally. Deglaze pan with red wine.
- Wrap bacon around filets and tie into round shape with butcher twine. Wrap again with bacon, this time higher to form a “lip” and create a pocket on top of steak. Season steaks with HC Black seasoning. Spoon seasoning into the “pockets.” Top with bleu cheese or queso fresco and HC red seasoning.
- Prepare the Hasty Bake grill at 300 degrees with firebox in bake position and place steaks directly over fire. Spin steaks occasionally to make sure bacon crisps up. Cook until internal temp is 128 degrees, medium rare.
- Slice steaks in half and serve.