The Naked Fatty Sausage Biscuit! A simple smoked sausage recipe to serve for the family, friends, and the next tailgate. Rolled in your favorite seasoning, smoked on the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill, and topped with some sweet and spicy pepper jelly. Make this recipe your next go-to for the big game!
- 1lb ground sausage (any flavor preference)
- Favorite BBQ rub (we use Hasty Bake Rub N Spice)
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce (Preferred Hasty Bake BBQ Sauce)
- ¼ Cup pepper jelly (can substitute honey)
- Cheese (our favorite is brie or cheddar)
- 8 buttermilk biscuits
- Roll log of sausage in seasoning until its completely covered.
- Smoke on Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill at 250ºF degrees until internal temperature hits 140ºF degrees.
- Warm-up the mixture of sauce and pepper jelly and brush on sausage log once the sausage is 140ºF degrees.
- Continue letting sausage cook until it hits 145ºF degrees internal.
- Remove the sausage from the grill and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice sausage into 1” thick pieces.
- Put a slice of cheese on the sausage rings and place back on the Hasty Bake grill until the cheese melts.
- Slice biscuits in half and place sausage slices inside biscuits. Spoon on pepper jelly and serve as sliders for your hungry guests.