Pork steaks are rich, tender, and flavorful plus half as expensive as other steaks! A pork steak is a cut from the shoulder. Make pork steaks your new favorite grilling recipe this summer!
- 5” thick-cut pork steaks. May need to special-request from a butcher
- Favorite BBQ rub (we used Heath Riles Honey Chipotle and Apple Rub)
- Meat Church Bird Bath brine
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorn
- Brine your pork steaks overnight.
- Follow instructions on your brine container.
- Also add 1 quartered apple, 1 quartered orange, and 2 tablespoons of black peppercorns to the brine water and let sit overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the brine after 8-10 hours and rinse steaks.
- Season liberally and place indirect on your Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill with a cooker temperature of 225-250ºF degrees. We recommend pecan and cherry wood to add to your charcoal.
- Smoke for several hours until the internal temperature of the steaks reaches 145ºF degrees.
- Remove the steaks from grill and let rest while raising your firebox and stoking the fire.
- Once the first is extremely hot, place the steaks back directly over fire to sear for 1-2 minutes per side, flipping frequently to get an even char.
- The steaks are finished once the internal temperature should be around 170 degrees.
- Slice and enjoy!