I made this burger last year at my 4th of July party and it was such a hit, I had to share it. Although putting blueberries in a burger might sound crazy, they really make them insanely juicy. When you bite into this burger the blueberries burst like fireworks on the 4th of July! My guests are still talking about it and requesting it for this years’ party. I pair it with deliciously crumbly bleu cheese, a honey mayo, lettuce, and tomato. You are probably asking, “Where is the onion?”. It’s grated and IN the burger patty! The patties are then seasoned with salt, pepper, and Hasty-Bake Greek Seasoning. This is a burger you really must try!
Red, White, and Bleu-Berry Burger
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 3 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 small onion (grated)
- Hasty-Bake Greek Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 6-12 hamburger buns
- 1-2 heads romaine lettuce
- 6-12 slices of tomato
- 4 ounces crumbly blue cheese or gorganzola
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup honey
- Prepare Hasty-Bake for grilling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, blueberries, and grated onion with your hands until well mixed.
- Form either 6 1/2 pound patties or 12 1/4 pound patties and season both sides liberally with salt, pepper, and Hasty-Bake Greek Seasoning.
- For medium burgers, grill on first side for about 3 minutes and other side for about 4-5 minutes. Longer for more done burgers. *always use a meat thermometer for safe internal temperature control
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add honey and mayo to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve by spreading honey mayo on both buns, placing burger on bottom bun, then blue cheese on top of the patty, followed by lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!
Read more about this chef..