Every now and then you want to mix your dinner and your dessert. These pillowy bites of sweet and savory goodness are just the ticket. Pork belly, marinated in root beer, smoked over sassafras wood and glazed to perfection….in our opinion, there’s nothing better!
- Pork Belly
- 1 cup of Honey
- Plowboys Yardbird seasoning
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Root beer
- Slice pork belly into 2” cubes, place in large steam pan, and marinate overnight in root beer, covering all the meat. Drain pan and pat dry the cubes.
- Toss pieces heavily in BBQ rub. Place on rack, fat side up.
- Place on the Hasty Bake grill at 275 degrees, firebox in the smoke position.
- You’ll cook for 2.5 hours or so until the fat is rendered and color is dark. Internal temp will be around 200 degrees.
- Place in steam pan and cover with BBQ sauce and 1 cup of honey.
- Place back on grill for 20-30 minutes until sauce sets. Plate and serve!