A fairly easy recipe by Trey Harma, Hasty-Bake Ambassador that will make mouths happy and tummies full! Preparation for these baked beans begins a day before, by smoking a set of baby back ribs and getting them wrapped with foil after smoking for a couple hours on a Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill. You are aiming to make the meat fall off the bone. Once complete and cool, remove the meat from the bones and set in the refrigerator for the following day or can be done same day. You can choose your beans, but our preference is to use one can of ranch beans, black beans, and baked beans. The perfect smoked baked beans recipe!
- 3-5 cans of beans depending on the amount of meat used (a full rack would require 5 cans and a half rack would require 3 cans of beans)
- 1 rack of baby back ribs smoked and grilled
Ingredients to ADD to pan:
- Full large onion chopped or diced
- 3 Poblano peppers chopped or diced
- Optional Jalapeno or two
- Hasty-Bake Rub-N-Spice BBQ Rub (1 tablespoon)
- Butter for veggies
- 2 tablespoons of Molasses
- Optional Honey or Maple Syrup if you like sweet beans
½ to ¼ cup of each following ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- Hasty-Bake BBQ Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Start off by putting all beans into a large bowl or foil pan
- Wash off the syrup/liquid the beans are sitting in completely.
- Saute your veggies on your Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill
- Add in ALL the ingredients including the Rib meat you have finely chopped up
- Stir up completely and place back on to the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill for approximately 2 hours.
- You may have to add some beer, water, or juice to your bean medley at the 1-hour cooking point to continue to simmer down and reduce to a bean delicious goodness!