Few things in barbecue are as polarizing, or beloved, as smoked bologna. Oklahoma tenderloin, Arkansas round steak, Texas filet…the names may very, but the product does not. Tender, fatty, salty and smoky, this regional barbecue treat is not only easy to prepare, but feeds an army. The Hasty Bake lays on the flavor that will keep folks coming back for, of all things, bologna!
- 5lb chub of bologna
- BBQ Sauce
- Your Favorite BBQ Rub (We used John Henry Bourbon Rub)
- Slice bologna in half and score the outside in a crosshatch pattern.
- Slather with mayo and season heavily with your favorite BBQ rub. Place in smoker at 250 degrees.
- After 1hr 45 mins, glaze bologna with your favorite BBQ sauce. Leave in grill for another 15-20 minutes until the sauce is set up and tacky.
- Slice or chunk the bologna up and serve! There’s no wrong way!
- *If you want bologna burn ends, chunk bologna up, re-season and sauce and place in pan back on smoker for another 45 minutes.