We gussied up some bologna on the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill and slow smoked it with DB180 Beef and Steak Rub and Heath Riles Tangy Vinegar BBQ Sauce. This recipe will destroy all your preconceptions about bologna!
- Duck fat Spray or other binder like oil or mustard
- DB180 Steak and Beef or a preferred BBQ seasoning
- Heath Riles – Tangy Vinegar Sauce or other favorite sauce
- Use a Slotdog or a paring knife to score the entire surface of the bologna. If you use a paring knife, go ½ inch deep both horizontally and vertically. Then slice in half lengthwise.
- Cover the bologna with binder first and then sprinkle on your favorite BBQ rub.
- Fire up the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill to 225 °F, to 250 °F, and use your heat deflector for indirect smoking.
- Place the bologna on top of a grill extender or warming rack directly above the heat deflector.
- Smoke the bologna on the Hasty Bake Grill for 2 hours.
- Pour sauce over the bologna and baste on each side of the bologna.
- Let the bologna smoke for another 10-15 minutes to allow the sauce to bake inside.
- Cube up, serve, and enjoy!