This is the most amazing marriage of sweet potatoes and pecan pie you’ve ever tasted at the holidays! Give it even more smokey charcoal flavor by smoking the sweet potatoes and adding smoke while you bake the pie!
Smoked Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 pie
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1 9-inch Piecrust, Unbaked
- Sweet Potato Filling
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, smoked and mashed
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 T Butter, Softened
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pecan Topping
- 11/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 3 T Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 Cups Chopped Pecans
- Whole Pecans for the top of the pie, optional
- Prepare Hasty-Bake for baking
- Prepare crust by placing it in a grill-safe container and crimping edges with your fingers.
- In one large bowl, mix the ingredients for the sweet potato filling with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a different large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the pecan topping with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Gently add the sweet potato mixture to the pie crust and smooth the top as best you can.
- Then pour the pecan topping on top of the sweet potato and smooth very carefully.
- Add whole pecans, or sprinkle more chopped pecans if desired, optional.
- Bake pie in your Hasty-Bake for about 90 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. (For more smoke flavor, you can add soaked wood chips to the charcoal) The center should slightly giggle like jello. (It will continue to set up as it cools)
- Let the pie rest for at least a couple hours prior to serving, even better to serve the pie the next day.
Read more about this chef..