This sweet potato gratin is so good, it’s a static side item at the Boston Deli Grill and Market. The guests at the 2nd Hasty-Bake Dinner Party were thrilled to get they’re hands on the recipe. If you were looking for a new sweet potato recipe for the holiday season, this is it!
Sweet Potato Gratin with Carmelized Onion & Chipotle Cream
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili puree
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thin on a mandolin
- 3/4 cup carmelized onion
- 1 egg
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Hasty-Bake to 300-350 degrees, adding the heat deflector.
- Whisk together the cream, chipotle puree, and egg.
- In a 9-10 inch square metal pan with 2 inch sides, arange an even layer of potato on bottom, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and caramelized onion.
- Repeat until there are 8-10 layers.
- Add the cream mixture and press down on the gratin to submerge the potatoes in the cream.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed and potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The Boston Deli Grill & Market
Boston Deli Grill & Market is a multi-award winning deli by day with upscale bold Contemporary Midwest Comfort Cuisine by night. Featuring phenomenal wines and service to match. The ...Read more about this chef..