Sweet tea is not only a delicious drink, it works perfectly as a marinade for chicken and pork. In this video, you’ll see how to use it mixed with a sweet rub and glaze to make some outrageously good grilled chicken thighs.
- Chicken Thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 1/3 gallon of sweet tea
- Favorite sweet bbq rub (we used Butcher Honey Rub
- Kerrygold Unsalted Irish buter sliced into ½” pads
- Agave nectar
- Place chicken thighs in container and cover with 1/3 gallon of sweet tea (or enough to cover all thighs.
- Marinate for 45 mins. Remove, pat dry and season with sweet BBQ rub.
- Place skin-side up into steam pan and pour ½ cup of sweet tea into bottom of pan.
- Disperse butter pads between all chicken thighs.
- Place in 320-degree Hasty Bake grill for roughly one hour, or until internal temperature hits 170 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare glaze by melting one stick of butter, ½ cup of sweet tea and 3 tablespoons of agave nectar. Place in grill to warm up.
- Once chicken hits 170 degrees, remove and drip dry. Glaze skin side of chicken with glaze and place back on grill, directly on the grates for another 15-20 mins or until internal temperature hits 180 degrees.
- Remove and rest for 10 minutes before serving.