Hasty-Bake Reserve Sear Tri-Tip recipe is a California classic packed full of flavor. Tri-Tip is also known as the triangle steak because of its shape. This Tri-Tip recipe will leave your guest impressed!
- 2-3 lb Tri-Tip Steak
- Laird’s or other Tri-Tip specific Seasonings
- Rub your Tri-Tip with Larid’s Tri-Tip seasoning
- Fire up the Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill to 225 to 250ºF
- Lower the firebox to “Smoke” and use the heat deflector
- Place the Tri-Tip on the grill
- Turn every 15 to 20 minutes.
- You want the center to be 115 to 125ºF before searing or 20ºF below depending on your desired target temperature.
- To get to temperature, it should take up to 20 to 30 minutes depending on the temperature inside the grill.
- Crank up your firebox to “Sear” and remove heat deflector and sear for 5 minutes per side or until it gets a dark, even sear.
- Let rest for 15 minutes
- When cutting the Tri-Tip, remember to slice against the grain. (The grain changes halfway thru the roast)
- Slice thin and enjoy!