This recipe was created by one of Tulsa, Oklahoma’s top chefs and is perfect for Easter dinner or any Spring dinner party you may be having. It’s as delectable as it is beautiful and is a must try!
Turmeric Roasted Carrots and Dandelion Greens
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 2 bunches of baby carrots with their tops
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 watermelon radish or other radish sliced thin
- 2 fennel bulbs sliced, white part only
- 1 bunch dandelion greens
- 1/2 cup store bought creme fraiche
- .5 cup golden raisins, plumped
- For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your Hasty-Bake for baking.
- Cut the tops off the carrots, leaving a half an inch of green tops intact
- Place on a foil lined metal roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, the turmeric, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill with the lid closed and roast for about 30 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the fennel and radish as thin as your skill will allow.
- Place the raisins in really hot tap water for 15 minutes or so, then drain.
- Wash and very roughly chop the dandelion greens.
- Grab a mason jar or any thing with a lid and put all your vinaigrette ingredients in it. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Check the taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Remove the carrots from the grill when "fork tender" and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To assemble: First put the greens, raisins, fennel slices and radish slices on a platter. Then drizzle the vinaigrette over the top and around the sides of the salad. Be careful not to drown it. Next, lay the carrots messily over the top and put a few dollops of creme fraiche randomly on top of the salad. A few turns from the pepper mill wont hurt any one either! Voila!
Trevor Tack is the executive chef of the McNellie’s Group of restaurants, which includes McNellie's, The Tavern, Yokozuna, and Dilly Deli.Read more about this chef..