Chipotle Strawberry BBQ Sauce by Chef Tim Grandinetti
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 3 tbls extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 2 tsps chopped chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 pints fresh, rinsed strawberries
- 16 oz NC's famous Cheerwine soda pop
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare your Hasty-Bake for grilling, place a cast iron skillet directly on top of grill grates to heat up with your grill. No heat deflector
- Over a medium-high heat (about 425 degrees grill surface temp) heat EVOO
- Add onions to sweat/cook 4-5 mins
- Add garlic, chipotle chili, tomato paste, and chopped strawberries -- cook 6-8 minutes.
- Add cheerwine soda pop, raspberry vinegar, brown sugar, and salt -- bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat (lower firebox or add heat deflector). Allow to simmer until reduced by 1/2 - 15 minutes.
Read more about this chef..