Toasted Almond Summer Squash Sauté
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchinis, cut into matchsticks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, or herby rub
- Parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat on the Hasty Bake ( place your firebox in the “bake” position) and add enough oil to coat the pan.
- Heat the oil until hot, then add the almonds.
- Stir until the almonds are golden and aromatic, a minute or two usually.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, tossing it with the oil and almonds until it just begins to glisten, hit it with seasoning and cook about one minute. You’re not trying to cook the zucchini so much as warm it so it softens slightly.
- Plate and top with cheese and immediately dig in while its warm and al dente.