If you are looking for something new to grill on your Hasty-Bake, this recipe is for you! It’s a fantastic dish to make for Easter or a date night this Spring! If you’ve only every had calamari fried, this grilled version will really inspire your taste-buds!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1.5 lbs
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 1.5 lbs frozen or fresh squid (triple amount if serving as a main course)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 limes
- Defrost squid under cold running water if frozen. If fresh, simply wash and drain well.
- Chop cilantro leaves well.
- Chop garlic very finely.
- Mix honey, oil, and the juice of two limes. Add cilantro, garlic and chili flakes. Mix well and reserve 2 tbsp of marinade for saucing.
- Add squid, season with salt and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Hasty-Bake for searing.
- Grill squid for 2 minutes making sure to grill all sides.
- Place on a serving dish, drizzle reserved marinade over everything, and serve immediately. Viola!
Trevor Tack is the executive chef of the McNellie’s Group of restaurants, which includes McNellie's, The Tavern, Yokozuna, and Dilly Deli.Read more about this chef..