This grilled french toast recipe is definitely great for breakfast. It also makes a unique dessert, like our guests found out at the 2nd Hasty-Bake Dinner Party Class taught by the Boston Deli Grill and Market!
Grilled French Toast
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Simple
- vegetable oil for brushing skillet
- 8 slices challah or brioche bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat cast iron pan on the Hasty-Bake and brush with oil.
- Combine eggs, cream, honey, vanilla, and salt in a shallow dish and whisk to combine.
- Dip both sides of bread in custard and place as many as will fit in cast iron skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes) and transfer to platter.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- *Recommended-Top with Honey Rosemary Balsamic Strawberry Topping.
The Boston Deli Grill & Market
Boston Deli Grill & Market is a multi-award winning deli by day with upscale bold Contemporary Midwest Comfort Cuisine by night. Featuring phenomenal wines and service to match. The ...Read more about this chef..