Lobster is one of my favorite things! It is very tasty and will make anyone swoon over a Valentine’s Day candlelit dinner. I always have to have a little side of melted butter with my lobster, but some people just eat it as is. You can serve it in the shell or remove it and add it to a beautiful linguini pasta with roasted vegetables. You can also chill it once it is removed from the grill and add it to a salad. Anyway you prepare it, I hope you enjoy it.
Grilled Lobster Tails
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 Tails
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 2 Lobster Tails
- 2 Lemons
- Ground White Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Olive oil
- Prepare Hasty-Bake for smoking/baking with no heat deflector
- Split lobster tails on spine side with kitchen shears or knife
- Split lobster tails on belly (flesh side), expose flesh
- Mix 1-2 table spoons of olive oil with the juice of one lemon and brush belly flesh liberally. Season with sea salt, white pepper, paprika
- Mix 2-3 table spoons with the juice of the other lemon, add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, dash of paprika, dash of sea salt, and a dash of white pepper to make the basting liquid
- Place lobsters on grill belly side down for 10-15 minutes, basting often with olive oil mixture – flip lobsters to spine side down for 10-15 minutes, basting often.
- Meat should be white and plump when done. Flesh should not be clear. Shell should be a gorgeous red color.
- Remove from grill, sprinkle with parsley and serve with melted butter for a romantic meal for two- Pair with our grilled ratatouille or frilled new potatoes recipe for a dinner that will surely wow!
Read more about this chef..