We love grilled bread and this grilled garlic bread recipe is simple and full of surprises. By rubbing the garlic and tomato on the bread prior to grilling, you get a subtle yet delightful combination of flavors. It’s quick and easy to toss it on the grill while your meat is resting and serve nice and warm. Thanks Dan Potter for sharing this recipe with the Hasty-Bake Text Kitchen!
Tomato-Garlic-Rubbed Grilled Baguette
- 1 loaf
- Difficulty Level Simple
- 1 baguette (or other crusty bread), split lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Roma tomato
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Drizzle cut sides of baguette halves with olive oil.
- Smash the garlic clove with the palm of your hand and rubbed the smashed clove on the cut sides of the bread.
- Cut the tomato in half and rub each half of the bread with half of the tomato.
- Season bread with salt and pepper.
- Grill over direct heat for approximately one minute on each side.
A “reformed” Texan, Dan Potter is the host of the KRMG Morning News and the host of celebrated local chefs for OKfoodie in Tulsa, OK. OKfoodie is held the second Tuesday ...Read more about this chef..