There’s few cuts of beef that are as packed with flavor as a picanha. Take that picanha and make it a Snake River Farms wagyu, and it’s a life-changing experience. These picanhas get the hot and fast fire–roasted treatment from the Hasty Bake and melt with the perfect pop of chimichurri. This is a meal you’ll be talking about for years to come.
- Snake River Farms Wagyu Picanha
- Flakey Kosher Salt
- Al Frugoni’s dried Chimichurri seasoning
- ½ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Trim all silverskin off of picanha.
- Slice into 1.5” steaks WITH the grain.
- Season with flakey kosher salt.
- Prepare the Hasty Bake grill with a 350 degree fire and move firebox into the bake position. Place steaks directly over the flames.
- Flip every minute to built crust. Pull when steaks hit 130 degrees internal and let them rest.
- For the chimichurri sauce, mix ¼ cup dried chimichurri seasoning and ¼ cup red wine vinegar and let dried herbs rehydrate. After about 10 mins, add ½ cup olive oil and mix.
- Slice up steaks, sprinkle steaks with kosher salt, top with chimichurri and serve.