Up your fish game with a delicious Hasty Bake smokey flavor cedar plank salmon recipe using MomEm’s Marinade.
- 1 Cedar Plank
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- MomEm’s Marinade (Purchase online at www.hastybake.com or Tulsa Grill Store)
- or use the following for marinating the salmon
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (optional)
- Minced Fresh Dill (optional)
- Oranges (optional)
- Soak the cedar plank for at least 2 hours prior to grilling.
- Pour marinade over salmon in a ziplock bag and marinate for about 20 min.
- Fire up the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill with Hardwood Lump Charcoal and add two chunks of peach wood.
- Keep the temperature to a medium heat 300-325 Degrees F (direct flame or indirect heat using the Hasty Bake heat deflector).
- You will need to place your cedar planks on the fire for about 5 min so the planks can get warmed up before your salmon fillets are ready to go on the plank.
- When you’re ready to cook flip, your plank over so you can place the salmon fillets on what was the fire side of the plank.
- Place the plank directly over your coals. Place the salmon fillets on the plank and baste with the remaining MomEm’s Marinade and cook for about 10 to 15 mins. (Internal temperature should read 135 degrees F).
- Add oranges for taste (optional)
- We suggest checking the salmon every 5 minutes until done. (Smaller fillets will cook more quickly than larger cuts.
- When using hardwood lump charcoal, I like to baste over the fire letting the marinade create a smoke that I think helps with flavor. (Keep in mind that the oil in the marinade will flare so be careful).
- Remove the skin on the cutting board or baking sheet (The skin should stick to the boards and separate easily).
- Remember: Cedar Planks can be re-used again until they become cracked, charred, or hard to clean.