Hasty Bake Pork Belly Burnt Ends recipe is one for the books! The perfect appetizer! Smokey little pork belly nuggets are what you call meat candy!
- 1 whole pork belly
- Sweet BBQ rub (Recommends Meat Church Honey Hog)
- Hasty Bake BBQ sauce
- Disposable foil pan
- Slice whole pork belly into 1.5”x1.5” cubes.
- Season all sides of the pork belly cubes liberally with a sweet honey rub. Set aside until Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill is up to temperature.
- Bring the Hasty Bake grill temperature up to 225-250ºF with the Hasty Bake firebox in the smoke position with heat deflector on,
- Place pork belly on a cookie cooling rack, and place rack on the Hasty Bake grill.
- Maintain smoking temp with your choice of smoking wood for roughly 2-3 hours, or until tender and dark in color.
- Spritz pork belly burnt ends with apple juice every 45 minutes.
- Once the pork belly is rendered and has a dark color, remove from cooling racks.
- Place an aluminum foil pan on the Hasty Bake grill, toss in the pork belly, and Hasty Bake BBQ Sauce or your choice of tangy bbq sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 250-300ºF degrees for 30 minutes – 1 hour, or until bubbling. Add a few small wood chunks of your choice directly to charcoal fire for additional Smokey flavor.
- Pull the burnt ends and allow them to cool down for a few minutes.
- Ready to serve and enjoy!