Hasty Bake Smoky Cheesesteaks are packed full of flavor! From the juicy tender smoked steak, caramelized onions and peppers, to cheesy goodness, this sandwich is just what you need in your life.
Using the Hasty Bake griddle to make authentic cheesesteak sandwiches, it’s the perfect meal for the entire family!
- 3 Ribeye Steaks (Sliced Thin)
- 8 Slices of White American cheese
- 6 Hoagie Rolls
- Cattleman’s Tri-Tip Seasoning or Preferred Steak Seasoning
- Stick of Butter Softened
- 1 Yellow Onion Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper Sliced
- Duck Fat Spray
- Slice onions and peppers thin and place in pan. Coat with oil and place seasoned steaks on top of veggies.
- Smoke pan of steak and veggies for 30-40 minutes around 175-200 degrees. The goal is to not let the steaks get above 100 degrees.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins. It can be longer.
- Once cold, thin slice your steaks into long strips.
- Remove both of your cooking grates out of your Hasty Bake Grill and insert the Hasty Bake Griddle on the right side of the grill above the firebox. (By removing both cooking grates, it will allow you to add more charcoal if needed from the top left side of the grill).
- Fire up your grill and let all coals get lit white-hot under the griddle
- Raise your Hasty Bake firebox between bake and sear position. Your goal is 450-500 degrees as measured with a laser thermometer on the griddle
- Spray Duck Fat Spray to oil the hot griddle.
- Add the onions and green peppers to the hot griddle.
- Once the onions and peppers are beginning to caramelize, move them to the back of the griddle and add the ribeye slices to the hot griddle.
- Cook one side until brown, then turn over with the spatula. After the second side browns, use a spatula to chop and score the meat.
- Mix the onions and peppers in with the meat.
- Add the slices of cheese to the top of the pile and let the cheese melt.
- Stir in the cheese with the meat, onions, and peppers.
- Pull the smokey cheesesteak off the grill to rest.
- Split your hoagie rolls, butter them and toast them on the hot griddle.
- Add the cheesesteak to the toasted hoagie rolls.
- Serve, Eat, and Enjoy!