The search is always on for the perfect way to cook chicken. We think we’ve found it. Spatchcocked, marinated in citrus, and cooked over charcoal on the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill, this bird is juicy, savory, crispy, and refreshing. Game on!
- 1 Whole chicken, spatchcocked
- Goya Adobo Seasoning
- OBR Florida Mojo Rub
- Lime Juice
- Orange Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt
- Marinate chicken, breast down, overnight in equal parts lime, orange and lemon juice.
- The next day, drain off juice, flip bird, and season skin heavily with kosher salt.
- Place back in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse off chicken and let sit in water for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry the skin and season both sides with Adobo and OBR rubs.
- Place bone side down in 300 degree grill directly over fire with the firebox in the bake position, no heat shield.
- After 45 mins, flip skin side down. Continue to cook until internal temp hits 165 degrees. If skin starts to get dark, flip again. It should take about 1.5 hours.
- Slice wings, legs, thighs and breasts off the bird. Drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with kosher salt and serve.