The smoked kissed pineapple plank halibut recipe is one for the books! Who doesn’t love grilled fish with a side of grilled pineapple? We do! The pineapple acts as a buffer against the direct heat from the Hasty-Bake grill, keeping the halibut filets moist and adds a sweet smokey flavor.
- 4 Halibut Filets
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Jalapeño, Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- ½ Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Pineapple
- ½ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Seasoning of choice (Hardcore Carnivore Meatchalada recommended)
- Kosher Salt
1. Prepare your Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill for medium-high heat (Temperature range 300ºF to 325ºF)
2. Cut the top from the pineapple (save for presentation), cut the bottom off and discard.
3. Cut the side, creating 4 planks.
4. Harvest remaining pineapple flesh for salsa and dice finely.
5. Combine with diced bell pepper, jalapeño, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and lime juice.
6. Salt to taste and add EVOO.
7. Toss well and chill while fish is cooking.
8. Stir soy sauce and honey together, brush each plank.
9.Brush fillets with oil and season with salt and favorite fish seasoning.
10. Place filets on planks and brush with remaining honey/soy mixture.
11. Place planks on the Hasty-Bake grill, cover and cook until fish is cooked through and flakey, 15-20 minutes.
12. Serve the fish on the planks, topped with salsa. Serve the remaining salsa on the side or reserve to serve with tortilla chips.