Let’s talk beef jerky. Who doesn’t love a good delicious protein snack when camping, hunting, hiking, or perfect for game day? Give your jerky an authentic smoke flavor on a Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill. Beef jerky can last a long time being refrigerated since it has been cured and smoked.
- 2 pounds of trimmed beef or venison
- 1/2 cup teriyaki
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of bacon grease (for basting)
- 1/4 tsp “pink salt” or curing salt
- 1/4 cup Hasty-Bake BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Hasty-Bake Rub N spice or your favorite BBQ rub
- 1 can of soda, Dr Pepper preferred for the 26 flavors
- Slice and trimmed the beef or venison jerky into strips
- Take all of the dry ingredients (above) and the Hasty-Bake barbecue sauce and mix together in a bowl.
- Take the remaining ingredients and mix up in bowl.
- Now, add the sliced meat to the mixture in mixing bowl.
- Use a zip lock bag to keep the meat fully immersed in the mix to allow it to cure inside the refrigerator for 24-36 hours.
- Prepared the Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill with a small amount of charcoal the size of a large grapefruit and 3-4 pieces of wood of your choice (preference).
- Make sure to keep the cooking temperature below 200 Degrees F. Ideal temperature would be 150 Degrees F.
- Remove the slices from the zip lock bag and lay the slices onto a paper towel to blocked them dry.
- Add a light coating of Hasty-Bake Rub N Spice seasoning.
- Place the slices horizontally on the Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grill.
- Use a small amount of bacon grease and brush on the slices after you have smoked them for 20 or 30 minutes to help keep them from drying out.
- Flip the meat slices and baste again with bacon grease.
- Check internal temp with an instant-read meat thermometer to read 165°. Once the beef jerky slices have reached that internal temperature, removed from the grill onto plate.
- Let the beef jerky cool first, then you’re ready to enjoy!